If you are absent and under the age of 18, you must bring a note from home or have a parent or guardian call the office at (916) 427-5428 to verify the reason for your absence. Bring note to main office for clearance. If you do not bring a note or have a parent/guardian call to excuse an absence, student will be marked as truant.
Students that are absent and have their absence excused are entitled to arrange make up time that will count toward actual attendance. Make up time must be completed within 5 days.
ABSENCES ARE EXCUSED FOR:
- Medical, dental or optometric appointments
- Religious holidays
- Funeral services for members of immediate family
- Quarantine, as directed by a city Health Officer
Should attendance become a problem, parent/guardian will be notified. If the problem continues, a parent conference will be schedule. Failure to demonstrate improvement will result in one or more of the following actions:
- Transfer to a different session
- Referral to the School Attendance Review Board
- Transfer to another alternative program
- Referral to Adult Education if 18 and over
- Our School
- General Info
- District Resources